Would you like to know more about our company, how we got started and who we are? These pages offer an overview of Panera Bread, from a history of the company to biographies of our management team and Board of Directors, to a listing of recent awards and recognition.
- When was Panera Bread® established?
- Who leads Panera Bread?
Ronald M. Shaich is Chairman of the Board and co-CEO. William W. Moreton is President and co-CEO.
- Where is Panera Bread headquartered?
- 3630 S. Geyer Road
St. Louis, MO 63127
Tel: (314) 984-1000
Fax: (314) 909-3300
- What is the NASDAQ ticker symbol for Panera Bread?
- Where are Panera Bread® bakery-cafes located?
Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North America, operating 1,673 company-owned and franchise-operated bakery-cafes in 44 states and in Ontario, Canada as of March 26, 2013, under the Panera Bread®, Saint Louis Bread Co.® and Paradise Bakery & Café® names.
- What is the company mission?
- A loaf of bread in every arm®
- What is bread leadership?
- With the single goal of making great bread broadly available to consumers across America, Panera Bread freshly bakes more bread each day than any bakery-cafe concept in the country. Every day, at every location, trained bakers craft and bake each loaf from scratch, using the best ingredients to ensure the highest quality breads.
- Panera Bread bakery-cafes showcase the art and craft of bread making, helping customers truly appreciate and enjoy a great loaf of bread by studying its crust, crumb and craft. Panera Bread understands that great bread makes great meals, from made-to-order sandwiches to tossed-to-order salads and soup served in bread bowls.
Panera Bread is widely recognized for driving the nationwide trend for specialty breads. As reported by The Wall Street Journal, Panera Bread scored the highest level of customer loyalty among quick-casual restaurants, according to research conducted by TNS Intersearch. It ranked #2 among Excellent Large Fast-Food Chains (500 or more units) and #1 Attractive/Inviting Restaurant in that category in the Sandelman & Associates 2012 Quick-Track® Study. Panera Bread was also named to BusinessWeek's 2010 list of top 25 "Customer Service Champs," to FORTUNE magazine's 2010 list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and has also won Awards and Recognition in nearly every market it resides. Recently, Panera Bread was also named Casual Dining Brand of the Year in the 2012 Harris Poll EquiTrend®.