Panera Bread's Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Panera Bread’s Passport to Flavor Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and the Province of Ontario, Canada only who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are active MyPanera® members at the time of entry (“Entrant” or “Entrants”). Employees of Panera, LCC (“Sponsor”), HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and prize providers and their respective parents, affiliates, franchisees, authorized designees, and other related entities, as well as members of the foregoing entities’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Panera, LLC, 3630 S. Geyer Road, St. Louis MO, 63127, U.S.A. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on July 9, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes as outlined below:
i. Explore the Flatbread book (the Explorer Stamp): Follow the links and instructions on the Website to navigate through the virtual book experience until you earn the stamp. To do so, use your mouse to pull the red tabs throughout the microsite virtual book experience. If you enter through the mobile optimized experience, tap each of red arrow icons. Once you locate the Explorer Stamp, you will complete this action and receive your Explorer Stamp.
ii. Play the "You Pick Two®" Navigator (the Navigator Stamp): Follow the links and instructions on the Website to choose one (1) flatbread option and one (1) soup or salad side. Once you have made your selection, the site will calculate the total calories of your selection. When this occurs, you will receive your Navigator Stamp.
iii. Try a Flatbread Sandwich (the Adventurer Stamp): During the Promotion Period, purchase any flatbread sandwich online or at a Panera Bread® bakery-cafe (“bakery-café”). To make your purchase online, you will be prompted to log into your MyPanera account (if you are not already logged in). If you purchase a flatbread at a bakery-cafe, make sure to present your MyPanera card to the cashier so that she/he can scan it. Entrant’s registered MyPanera card must be scanned in order for purchase to be eligible to receive the Adventurer Stamp. After purchasing your flatbread sandwich, you will receive your Adventurer Stamp.
If you participate via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans.
b. Mail-in Alternate Method: To enter without online access or making a purchase, hand print your name, address, MyPanera Card membership number, the email address associated with the MyPanera membership, day and evening phone numbers, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Panera Bread’s Passport to Flavor Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., PO Box 5812, Department 812958
Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5812, U.S.A. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope per person. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by September 2, 2014 and received by September 9, 2014. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around September 10, 2014. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration, provide any other requested information, is otherwise deemed ineligible, within the required time period (if applicable), fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Winner will be able to choose one (1) of the following trip options:
a. A trip for two (2) to Bangkok, Thailand: Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s residence at time of entry (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Bangkok, Thailand; three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel in Bangkok (daily breakfasts will be available) and four (4) nights' accommodations at a hotel in Pattaya (daily breakfasts will be available) (both hotel accommodations will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy)); ground transportation to and from airport and hotels; private tours for two (2) through the Floating Markets and Rose Garden Cultural Center as well as a private tour for two (2) through the Bangkok Temples including the reclining Buddha at Wat Pho; a five (5) hour Coral Island excursion for two (2); $1,250 USD spending money; and travel agent services.
b. A trip for four (4) to Missoula, MT to stay at The Resort at PAWS UP®: Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s residence at time of entry (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Missoula, MT; four (4) nights' accommodations at one (1) of the resort's luxury homes (two (2) bedroom and two (2) bath home) for four (4) (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel; three (3) daily meals for four (4); and travel agent services. Winner and guests will have access to all inclusive activities that the resort offers. There are available activities that are not included in this package. If the winner chooses to participate in these activities, the expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. For a list of inclusive activities, please visit: http://www.pawsup.com/activities/inclusive-activities.php#.U6sOnPldW4I
c. A trip for two (2) for a seven (7) night Mediterranean Cruise: Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s residence at time of entry (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Rome, Italy and return flight from Greece; seven (7) nights' accommodations on the cruise (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (balcony suite, double occupancy); ground transportation to and from destination airport and piers (port fees and taxes included); and travel agent services. Winner and guest will travel according to the predetermined cruise itinerary. This trip option is only available from May to October. While on the cruise, winner and guest will have access to twenty-four (24) hour dining options, twenty-four (24) hour room service, and access to the cruise fitness center and water sports equipment (inclusive).
For any spending money portion of the Prizes: If winner is a Canadian resident, Sponsor will be required to withhold and remit 30% of the spending money portion of the prize to the IRS to comply with U.S. tax laws. If the winner is a U.S. resident, the value of the spending money portion of the prize awarded will be taxable to winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. The winner will have income reported to his/her on IRS Form 1099, and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS.
For all Trip Options: Winner must complete the trip within one (1) year from the drawing date or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, shore excursions (if applicable), casino expenses (if applicable), spa expenses (if applicable), passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless otherwise agreed, travel companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companion(s) are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if any of the scheduled activities are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $14,000 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason or otherwise in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By entering, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and/or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, and/or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any death, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s and/or Travel Companion’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, respectively. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards, if any, shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, special, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant, Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1pjJSsw. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.