- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) 100 percent pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 8 thin slices from Panera Bread Three Seed Demi Bread, toasted
Heat oil and butter in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cook until carrots are soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
Pour in 1 1/2 cups of broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, coconut milk, salt, and sugar, and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth.
Return to pan and heat through. Served with the toasted slices of Panera Bread Three Seed Demi Bread.
Tip: For a nice presentation, put a dollop of sour cream in the center of each bowl and scatter on some minced red bell pepper and cilantro.