Just checking to see if we're serious? We are. Get engaged at a Panera and we may cater your wedding for free.
How does it work?
1. Get engaged at a Panera.
2. Share a photo using #PaneraProposalSweeps.
Panera Bread's Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. Participating U.S. Panera Bread bakery-cafes only. Sweepstakes starts on 2/14/18 at 9:00 AM EST and ends on 2/14/18 at 11:59 PM EST. Must be 18 years of age or older, be a legal U.S. resident and must have an active social media account to enter at time of entry. 5 winners/5 catered wedding reception prizes valued at USD$2,000.00 each. Total ARV USD$10,000.00. Wedding venue must be within 30 miles of a participating Panera Bread bakery-cafe in the continental United States. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Utah and Wyoming and where prohibited by law. Msg & Data rates may apply. Sponsor: Panera, LLC.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, MONTANA, UTAH AND WYOMING WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND FACEBOOK ARE NOT SPONSORS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Panera, LLC ("Sponsor"), 3630 S. Geyer Road, St. Louis, MO 63127.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM EST on February 14, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on February 14, 2018 ("End Date") (“Promotion Period”). A total of five (5) winners will be randomly selected and notified within seven (7) days of the End Date as further described in below in Sections 5 and 6. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia with the exclusion of Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Utah and Wyoming who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and have active Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account (“Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, its prize providers and licensors, and each of the foregoing entities' affiliates, franchisees, authorized designees and other related entities, and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), as well as members of such employees' immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
5. HOW TO ENTER: You will need an active Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account ("Account") to participate in the Sweepstakes. If you don’t already have an Account, visit www.instagram.com, www.twitter.com or www.facebook.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free. Account must be set to public (not private).
During the Promotion Period, Entrants that propose marriage, and such proposal is accepted in or in front of a participating Panera Bread bakery-cafe and post a photograph of the proposal publicly (not by Direct Message) with #PaneraProposalSweeps (“Entry” or “Entries”) will be entered into the Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of five prizes described below in Section 6. Entrants’ Entries will be only be accepted during the Promotion Period. Entrants’ Entries will be disqualified if they are indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparages Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or contains material that is unlawful in any way.
If you participate via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans. All Terms and conditions of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook apply.
Limit: one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period.
6. WINNER SELECTION; PRIZES: Sponsor will use Random.org to randomly select all winners utilizing publicly available information from Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. A total of five (5) winners will be randomly drawn and notified within five (5) days of the End Date. Each winner will win a Panera Bread catered wedding reception with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,000.00. The total ARV of all prizes is $10,000.00. Wedding reception venues must be within thirty (30) miles of a participating Panera Bread Bakery-cafe in a participating state as described in Section 4 above, menus must be selected at least one month in advance of the wedding date and wedding reception must be held no later than December 31, 2019. Winners and Sponsor will mutually agree on the food and beverages to be ordered from a then current Panera Catering menu. If winner cancels the wedding for any reason, the prize may be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes of comparable value if any prizes are unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING PRIZES; SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
7. ODDS: Many will enter, only five (5) will win. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Sweepstakes.
8. NOTICE TO WINNER: All winners selected after the End Date will be notified within five (5) days of End Date by Private Message from Sponsor on whichever social media platform winner used to submit its Entry. Winners must respond by Private Message to Sponsor within two (2) days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for e-mail, telephone or other communication problems of any kind. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
9. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners may be required to execute an Entry license or assignment, affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of receipt of such documents (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized Account holder.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES; INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters the Sweepstakes represents and warrants as follows: (a) the Entry does not contain any harmful computer code and is not otherwise corrupted; (b) as of the date of Entry, the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (c) Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right, either on his/her own or through a license, to any and all intellectual property featured in Entry whether owned by Entrant or by a third party; (d) the Entry does not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (e) the Entry does not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or obscene; and (f) the Entry complies with all Instagram guidelines and terms and conditions. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion Entities and Instagram, Twitter and Facebook harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the covenants, representations and warranties of entrant hereunder.
11. ENTRANT'S GRANT OF RIGHTS: By making an Entry in connection with the Sweepstakes, each entrant entered into the Sweepstakes hereby (a) irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, license, including the unlimited right to sublicense, reproduce, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and use the Entry by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, on Sponsor’s websites, and through Panera Bread social media channels; and (b) agrees to execute all further documents respecting the Entry requested by Sponsor, including any further license, in order for Sponsor to use the Entry as contemplated by the Sweepstakes. Each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Entry. For clarity, Sponsor has the right (but not the obligation) to publish any Entry on the Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest websites and as Sponsor otherwise so chooses.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in St. Louis, Missouri.
14. RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST. To obtain any legally-required winners list (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Panera Bread, 3630 S. Geyer Road, St. Louis, MO 63127. Please specify "#PaneraProposalSweeps Sweepstakes Winners List" or "#PaneraProposalSweeps Sweepstakes Official Rules" in your request.